A trusted local non-profit that has been serving older adults in the community since 1959, SCI is the local senior care expert. Committed to helping older adults age successfully at home, wherever that may be, SAGE Private Services are flexible and personalized to meet your changing needs. The professional and compassionate SAGE staff will provide the assistance needed with everything from meals and light housekeeping to nursing and personal care, so you can focus on the good things in life.
To learn more about SAGE Private In-Home Care and discuss the services that are best for you and your family, please call the SAGE In-Home Director at 912-236-0363 or toll free at (866) 579-2116.
Why choose SAGE Private In-Home Services?
- Non-profit with nearly 60 years of experience in caring for older adults
- Customized flexible care, designed to meet individual needs for a short time or a lifetime
- Single point of contact for access to other SCI and community resources/services
- Licensed, rigorously monitored program by multiple state and federal agencies
- Oversight provided by a Registered Nurse, ensuring the highest quality of care
- Professional staff of highly trained and experienced Certified Nursing Assistants and Personal Care Technicians knowledgeable in dementia/Alzheimer’s care
- Extensive professional, personal, criminal, and driving background screening of all in-home staff
- Flexible agreements that can be changed or cancelled at any time with no penalties
- Free In-Home assessments
- Affordable, with the fewest “minimum hours/visit” required within the area
Thank you for the wonderful services provided by S.C. Inc. during my recent convalescence. Nursing, Meals-On-Wheels, Transportation…I will never forget you! – Brian R.
Ms. Charity, I want to say you certainly live up to your name. Your bringing Ms. Amanda (CNA) to me yesterday was just what the doctor ordered! She’s delightful and just a good worker! I just wanted to say thank you. – Dorothy D.
SAGE Private In-Home Care services are available 365 days a year on a short-term or long-term basis. A care plan and schedule, utilizing one or all of the services outlined below as well as other SCI services, will be customized to meet changing needs by a Registered Nurse. The SAGE In-Home Director will provide oversight and work with you and your family to insure your complete satisfaction with our services.
- Personal care may include physical assistance, bathing, grooming, incontinence care, and/or support with feeding and special diets.
- Companionship/light housekeeping may include meal preparation, medication reminders, therapy oversight and reminders, errands including grocery pick-up, vacuuming and dusting, changing bed linens, laundry, assistance with pet care, conversation and interactive activities, and/or respite care for families.
- Nursing care may include safety and home care needs assessment, medication set-up and management, set-up of bladder retraining programs, monitoring of vital signs, diabetes education and insulin administration, transportation and accompaniment to doctor appointments, communication between health care providers and family, preventative care, and/or assistance in set-up and usage of medical devises and supplies.
- Transportation in client vehicle is available as part of in-home personal and companion services. Clients must be able to walk with assistance of a cane or walker (if needed). Transportation included with nursing services does not require the use of the client vehicle.
Rates and payment methods
Choosing SAGE Private Services insures that you or your loved one will receive the highest quality care and – because we are a non-profit – help us provide services for seniors in need as well. In-home personal, homemaking, and companion services start at $21.00 per hour; nursing services start at $44.00 per hour. As part of your customized care plan, In-home personal, companion, and/or homemaking services may be scheduled for as few as two hours and nursing care for one hour. Self-pay or long-term care insurance may be used to pay for SAGE Private Services.
Although grant and VA funding does not currently cover In-home services, however, many SCI services, such as Adult Daytime Care, Meals on Wheels, Neighborhood Centers, and the Senior Companion Program are available for older adults who meet specific requirements on a free or reduced cost basis. To learn more about grant-funded services, please call our Care Navigator at (912) 236-0363 or toll free (866) 579-2116.
To arrange services, please call the SAGE In-Home Director at 912-236-0363 or toll free at (866) 579-2116. You may also submit a request for a free in-home consultation
SAGE Private In-Home Care Staff
- SCI Certified Nursing Assistants and Personal Care Technicians are all thoroughly screened including professional, personal, and criminal background/reference checks, drug screening, and TB testing to ensure we hire only the best.
- SCI is fully insured and all SAGE In-Home care staff are bonded.
- Each client is matched with an aide best suited for their individual needs as part of our commitment to ensuring an excellent client experience.
- SAGE In-home Care staff are highly trained and experienced in caring for older adults and particularly those with Alzheimer’s or other dementias. In addition, staff are required to complete thirty hours of continuing education annually.
SAGE Private In-Home Services Director
Patsy Grainger: A native of Savannah, Patsy has been assisting families find much needed care for their family members for more than 15 years. Her previous experience as a Child Protective Service Case Worker, as well as her extensive experience in business staffing, enables her to understand the need for urgency as well as fit when selecting a caregiver to assist a client in their home.
Education: Georgia Southern University
I am honored to be part of an organization so richly ingrained in the lives of our community. Our In–Home Care provides an opportunity for our clients to remain at home while receiving excellent care. We look forward to being a part of your life !
What services are available for those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia?
Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, as well as neuromuscular illnesses, come with unique care challenges, but SCI and our SAGE Private In-Home Care and Adult Daytime Care Center staff will provide the support you need to handle those challenges. Our specialized training programs equip our staff to help seniors cope with their condition while maximizing their capabilities.
Will I have a different aide each day?
No. We are committed to your comfort, so at SCI our practice is to match the client up with the best aide for their needs. Occasionally however, it may be necessary for a substitute to fill in.
How do I know I can trust my aide?
Providing you with the highest level of security, and the peace-of-mind it provides is our priority. That is why we are fully insured and have an extensive screening process that includes drug screening, criminal background, and reference checks, ensuring we hire the best employees. You can feel secure knowing that your aide has been extensively vetted.
Do services cost different amounts?
No. We charge one hourly rate for all of the services provided by an aide including personal care, homemaking and companion services.
Nursing services are a billed at a different hourly rate because they are provided by an LPN or RN, but all nursing services are the same rate regardless of the service.
Are there a minimum number of hours for this service? Why?
As a non-profit, we are able to offer a high level of flexibility in the scheduling of our services. As part of your customized care plan, In-Home personal, companion, and/or homemaking services may be scheduled for as little as two hours and nursing care for one hour. Although most clients prefer to schedule care in 3-4 hour time blocks, for those receiving care multiple days each week or utilizing other SCI services such Home-Delivered Meals, SCI’s Adult Daytime Care centers, or Senior Companions, the two-hour and one-hour minimum may be all that is needed.
How soon can services begin?
In-Home care may begin immediately after the in-home assessment by our nurse is completed and your customized plan of care and service agreement signed. A $100 deposit will be required at the start of services.
MORE CLIENT TESTIMONIALS
If you only knew just how much we needed you. Just when God had you and Ms. Martell to "show up." Thanks for saving our lives.
You all have been very good to me the past year. I look forward to another year with you.
Thank you for the wonderful services provided by S.C. Inc. during my recent convalescence. Nursing, Meals-On-Wheels, Transportation…I will never forget you!
Ms. Charity, I want to say you certainly live up to your name. Your bringing Ms. Amanda (CNA) to me on yesterday was just what the doctor ordered! She’s delightful and just a good worker! I just wanted to say thank you.
What if I need to cancel a day – how much notice do I need to give?
We ask that you provide 24 hour notice to cancel service.
Is transportation to medical or other appointments available?
Yes! As part of your In-Home care plan, accompanied transportation in your vehicle to medical and other appointments may be included. Speak to our In-Home Director to arrange the transportation service that is right for you.
I need my home cleaned. Can you help?
Yes! Aides providing personal and companion care services will be glad to assist with light housekeeping services such as laundry, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, wiping countertops, doing dishes, preparing a meal and changing linens. However, we do not provide cleaning services such as cleaning baseboards, washing windows, moving furniture, or other “spring cleaning” tasks.
What if I can’t afford the service?
Most long term-care insurance policies will reimburse you for in-home services. Please review your policy or call your insurance company to find out. Our In-Home Director will be glad to provide assistance in facilitating the use of long-term care insurance. The SCI Aging Life Care Specialist is also qualified to provide the required cognitive and functional assessment to activate Long-term care insurance.
Isn’t this service covered by Medicare?
It depends; Medicare pays only if the service is tied to a skilled nursing service. Medicare does not cover homemaker, companion, or personal care services provided by our aides. https://www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/10969.pdf
Can I hire your service for errands and shopping?
Yes! Your aide can pick up prescriptions and complete your shopping. There is a small errand fee charged in addition to the hourly rate and our shopping procedure must be followed.
IN-HOME CARE INFORMATION REQUEST