No matter what age we are, we want to have a life well lived.
Our community’s population of older adults is expected to significantly increase over the next 15 years. By 2025, people 65 and older will be 48% of our community’s population.
We’ll be ready!
Soon older adults in the Savannah area will have a better place for accessing services they need, for fellowship, and for learning, thanks to the generosity of individuals, corporations, and foundations.
In partnership with West Construction Company, Senior Citizens, Inc. (SCI) began a $5.8 million renovation and expansion of the former Central of Georgia Railway Hospital in late fall of 2018.
THE CENTER FOR SUCCESSFUL AGING WILL:
• Be a community beacon
• Have capacity to serve 20,000 older adults and their families in Chatham, Bryan, Effingham, and Liberty counties
• Give the community:
• A new Adult Day Health Center for people who require supervision during the day because of short- or long-term cognitive issues
• An expanded Learning Center for the hundreds of active adults interested in life-long learning
• A second kitchen for our Meals on Wheels, SAGE home-delivered meals services, and catering
• A multi-purpose space for up to 275 people for community events
Our goal is for people to live the life they want to live, where they want to live, and have the highest quality of life possible.
SCI President Patti Lyons