Building for an Expanding Population of Aging Adults
SCI’s CAPITAL Campaign for the Center for Successful AginG
Many older adults are drawn to the Savannah area for the lifestyle and resources available. People are also living longer with a higher quality of life than previous generations enjoyed. All of these residents – whether they were born here or moved here – have personal expectations, health needs, and livability aspirations to fulfill.
How we, as a community, respond to these changing circumstances and growing demands will help to define what it means to live well as an older adult in the Coastal Empire.
OUR ANSWER: SCI'S CENTER FOR SUCCESSFUL AGING
To help the community meet this growing demand, with an investment of three-million dollars, SCI can thoughtfully reinterpret our greatest resources - our facilities and human assets- to expand and enhance services. The result will be improved visitor and in-home client experiences, strengthened earned income, allowing for a more strategic allocation of financial and human resources to those in greatest need.
SCI’s Center for Successful Aging will include:
• A new Adult Daytime Care Center | This new state-of-the-art facility will help with the growing population of frail adults (short-term and long-term fragility) and those with cognitive issues.
• Expanded Learning Center | This one-of-a-kind program draws more than 250 older adults each week for classes, lectures, instruction, and conversation.
• Renovation of the Main Building | This unique building is pivotal to our continued success due to its strategic location and large campus. While maintained with care, the site is under utilized and in great need of modernization if it is to meet the needs of today and tomorrow. Renovation of the main building with campus changes will allow:
• Room to expand current programs and services
• A more welcoming and attractive environment for clients
• A second large and central kitchen for our growing Meals on Wheels program
• Space to rent to other mission-related organizations that help older adults
• Expansion of Meals on Wheels and Sage Home-Delivered Meals (our private pay meal service) | We already have a significant waiting list. With greater earned income through a renovated and expanded facility, we will have more funding and a lower cost per unit to alleviate our waiting list and meet individual needs. The center also includes a secondary kitchen that can be used to expand meal capacity.
Our goal is for people to live the life they want to live, where they want to live, and have the highest quality of life possible. – SCI President Patti Lyons
To make an investment in SCI’s Center for Successful Aging, please click here.
For more information about SCI's adult daytime care program, click here
For more information about The Learning Center of SCI, click here
For more information about SCI's home-delivered meals, click here